Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Call of the Wild

Bicycling on the backroads of Michigan's Upper Peninsula for the past week with 35 other people as the foliage changed colors and the clouds blew past in the September sky has left me with a thirst for more wilderness and natural interactions with our beautiful world. The exquisite blue of the sky and the rich sunsets over the lake, the hoot of the owl and the bark of the coyote, all seep into the depths of my soul and call to that which is wild within me. How can I sit, now, in an armchair, inside a house with four walls when the outside world is so alive and fresh? How am I temped to turn on the TV when the trees and plants and animals offer plenty of entertainment? Farewell to my biking friends and my camping in the midst, and hello to a desire to keep getting out there, no matter what the weather. Will you go out into Nature to commune with the fauna (animals) and the flora (plants, trees, flowers) this autumn and winter? Join me in celebrating our incredible natural world!

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog and so relate to this post. I want to get back out on my bike or even take a walk but life as I seem to have built it seems to get in the way. But, this morning, was different. I was up and around and I believe God has given me a new love of life.

    ReplyDelete