Monday, September 12, 2011

It's an issue of focus.

I feel ready to write the scenes for my sequel that are forming themselves in my head. I have mapped out the plot lines for the whole story and now I need to buckle down and start cranking out actual written material. But it's an issue of focus. I cannot just sit down anywhere and start writing. I need to get off by myself (which is often in my own little world in a coffee shop with lots of background noise where I can be anonymous), think about the characters (already so well fleshed out in Lillie's Redemption) and immerse myself in their world. Then, without distractions, I can begin to let the story flow and the writing comes. I don't worry about material that will later be edited out, I just let it flow. I'll come back to it later. So, carving out time and place for just writing is the key and I will have to do that when I return home and plan out my schedule for the fall. Mornings are the most fruitful time in the day for me to write. So, I will write in the mornings and then do the other things I need to get done in life. I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment