Saturday, October 22, 2011

Showing up and doing the work helps you do the work

Today, I did a read aloud and book signing at our local Barnes & Noble. Folks loved the passages I read and were ready with questions. We had a very lively discussion. I then signed and sold several books. These are the things I learned: 1) always tell people what your book is about when they ask; 2) it helps to go around and invite people to come to your signing, people will come; 3) when you reach out and engage with people they will respond and often buy your book; 4) no matter how small the audience, you are getting experience at engaging with audiences and honing your speech. I've learned to appreciate every venue, every book sold, every opportunity to talk to a potential reader. There's no room for being discouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment