Sunday, October 16, 2011

My feet in two worlds

I often feel that I am straddling the gap between heaven and earth. As a spiritual person, a minister, a contemplative, a writer I think more in terms of heaven. It's the earthly tasks of life, like dishes and vacuuming and stacking wood for the wood stove (we heat our house exclusively with wood) and doing the grunt work of getting things done to contribute to the income making mechanisms of our family, that evade me while I "have my head in the clouds". Understandably this frustrates my practical, businessman husband. How is it that he has to do all the hard work while I star gaze? Somehow it's my purpose to be a holder of things soul and spirit, but that doesn't always pay the bills. So, I am forever seeking that balance as I try to keep both my feet stable in their different worlds. Does anyone else out there struggle with this in their lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment