Monday, November 7, 2011

Craft Shows and Silent Auctions


At the advice of a friend I am renting tables at Craft Fairs, during this Christmas season, and donating my book to local silent auction fundraisers. The Chamber of Commerce has a listing of local churches and businesses that do fundraisers and craft shows. Calling around to ferret out these events bears fruit. I will gift wrap one of my books to demonstrate the idea that it would make a good Christmas gift and then offer gift wrapping as an option. So, get yourself out there! Any other ideas we authors could use for marketing our books? Let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Local book stores, Christian book stores, nearby libraries, and distribution points somewhat uncomfortably farther away are some that come to mind. Try to get on a local talk show or internet interview. Our local paper does community interest things on the internet (www.pal-item.com/pilive). Public TV may have a local program you could arrange an interview with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kent, for these ideas. I have done and am planning on doing many of them. But the ideas of an internet interview and a Public TV interview are new to me. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete